Friday, November 20, 2009

Session XI, Day 2

When I was younger I remember being discouraged when the topic of God given talents was discussed.  I often wondered what I could do serve God.  I didn't have a good voice, I was painfully shy, I wasn't a good writer, I wasn't a good artist, and so on and so on...  Looking back, maybe being unable to see my "gifts" was just the result of being in the middle of those painfully awkward, self defining years, but more than likely it was because I was thinking about God's gifts with a limited view.  I failed to recognize the power of gifts such as being a good listener, being open, being empathetic, being sincere, being available, being willing to serve, etc...  So as you ponder today's question over the next week, be encouraged not discouraged.  You have more to offer than even you realize!

ASSIGNMENT:
1.   Slowly and prayerfully, read 4:7-11.  Think of ways you could faithfully administer God’s grace with your God-given gifts.
2.  Now do it.   :)